hit you like a karate chop to your face

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Caslewood Endurance Race

Another decent race for me with some real improvement since the last time I raced with Dwayne and Chris. I'm getting a little more used to the fast starts which is basically Chris and Dwayne blowing any of the pack fodder out the back in the first mile of the race. Chris flatted which totally sucks but I was happy that I was able to keep him off after seeing him every now and then after I passed him on the second lap. Other than that it was pretty much the same.. just get on it and try to maintain. My threshold HR is right around 174 and I rode at 172 avg at Rhetts and 171 at Castlewood so my pacing is pretty much dialed. Seeing Kurt dust off the mountain bike and do so well was very cool but seeing Dwayne put it down at the end of the race was unreal. Nice...

No comments: